Working within state of the art laboratories at Nottingham Trent University, we offer a range of proficiency testing (PT) products in the area of friction ridge skin (finger and palmar) mark visualisation and comparison as well as Crime Scene Investigation (CSI). These products assess participant performance against a set of expectations to produce individual performance reports and inter-laboratory comparison.
Together with assessment, our Proficiency Test Schemes are aimed at assisting participants with continuous improvement and serve as an independant test of participant quality systems and ability to achieve the quality of results required by the ISO17025 and ISO17020 standards as well as the Forensic Science Regulators Codes of Practice for those Participants operating within the UK.
The PT products which make up the finger mark development Proficiency Tests or more commonly referred to as the Finger Mark Visualisation Proficiency Test Scheme are known as FMAT bundles
The PT product which relates to the fingerprint comparison/identification Proficiency Test scheme is known as FCOM.
The PT product which relates to Crime Scene Investigation is known as SCSI - Not Accredited
For more information and to download an application form please click one of the above links
Benefits of Our Scheme
- Assessment by fully qualified assessors with significant experience in friction ridge skin mark visualisation and identification and scene examination
- Independant assessment of full end to end processes (Receipt of samples to Results Reporting)
- Reccommendations for improvement based on performance assessment
- Inter-laboratory comparison data
- Good practice and trend information
- FMAT assists in the demonstration of ability to visualise friction ridge skin marks as required by accreditation bodied (ISO17025 - Labs & ISO17020 - CSI/SOCO), regulators and customers
- FCOM assists in the demonstration of ability to compare and accurately result finger and palm marks/prints as required by accreditation bodies (ISO17025), regulators and customers
Any organisation or body is able to apply to take part in a Proficiency Test Scheme providing they meet the following criteria.
- The participant must be actively providing mark development and/or mark analysis services and/or Crime Scene Investigation/Examination services
- The participant must be working to a recognised quality system
- The participant accepts that Forensic Focus® Limited adheres to all national, international, regulatory body and accreditation body codes and requirements
- The participant accepts and adheres to the Forensic Focus® Limited Confidentiality Policy
- The participant accept the terms and conditions of the Forensic Focus® Limited Proficiency Test Scheme
- The Participant agrees to uphold Forensic Focus® Limited Commercial Confidentiality, intellectual property and Copyright
Our PT SChemes are English speaking, but everyone is welcome to participate. Whilst we encourage participants to submit their proficiency test results in English, where this is not possible we can provide alternative solutions to enable full inclusivity.
Forensic Focus successfully becomes a registered Trade Mark
Forensic Focus is now a registered trade mark. This became effective as of 27/02/21 and was entered in the register on 16/07/2121 and
Forensic Focus Retain Their Place on Cumbria County Council Learning & Development Procurement Framework
In April 2020 Forensic Focus successfully bid for and retained thier place on the Cumbria County Council Learning & Development Procurement Framework and in doing so extended the number of LOTs they are able to bid for.
Proficiency Test Accreditation Extended for Indanedione
In 2019 Forensic Focus Limited successfully extended its ISO17043 Proficiency Testing Accreditation to include Indanedione
Forensic Focus Win Place on Two Further Training & Development Frameworks
In 2017 we successfully won places on a further two training and development frameworks; one for councils and emegency services in Yorkshire and the other for all councils in Scotland.
Proficiency Testing Accreditation Extended for Fingerprint Comparison
In 2017 Forensic Focus extended their accredited Proficiency Testing Portfolio by successfully extending our scope to encompas fingerprint comparison
For more information about our Proficiency Test Schemes please click the following link.
Contact and Appointments
Please contact us on the following phone number with any questions or to make an appointment:
07816 168759 (Dr Karen Stow)
or if calling us from overseas: +44 07816 168759
Please also use our contact form.